>More Progress on the Bustle Dress

>

There has been some sewing progress!
This weekend I did some handwork on the underskirt and added some little trims and accents by hand.  Since the theme of the convention this year also involves medieval inspiration I thought the little ladies heads added a bit of an homage to the pre-raphealite. I know the period isn’t quite correct for the dress but I thought it would be fun :).  Adding some turned back points and pearls also has a bit of a medevial/renaissance homage to the dress I think, plus gave me a way to tie in more of the striped fabric!
Still to come is a row of pleating underneath the points and possibly a row of trim above the points.  I tried to do my hemming lightly but it unfortunately does show through on the outside.  Nothing a row of trim can’t fix!
Hope you had a blessed Easter weekend!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 1880s, costumes, sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s