>An Unfinished Skirt

>I scrapped this project, but here’s pictures of it anyways!

This is all silk- silk shantung underskirt and silk velvet overskirt with ribbon embroidery (I think that is synthetic).  I had cut this out previously for an 1890’s ballgown and put it partially together and hated it, so I recently re-found it, cut it to bits, and am trying to make something of it.  I matched the pattern  on the embroideries together, which makes the pleats, but the awful thing is that those would have to be held in place by hand.  I also wasn’t smart enough to line it before I started pleating, so I guess it’s going to be unlined.  I have another row of ruffles I can add to the bottom of the overskirt, too.  The ruffles on the skirt I finished with the roll edge tool on the serger, in the burgandy for contrast. So, here she is…


And here’s mister charles ready to go duck hunting.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 1870s, sewing, victorian. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s